Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The new beginning



I know, this is my third attempt at this.
Two times I have failed and each day I have felt disappointment in myself because of it.

The secret is that I have been thinking about trying again, for the third time, for a few months now - because more than anything I need to prove to myself that I can do it. Everything else will fall into place.

Taking challenging photographs breathes life into me. It gives me a sense of purpose and it gives me the ability the reflect on myself in a strange and humbling way. It is something I truly believe God has designed for me to do because these past two years that I have been neglecting it has left me feeling somewhat empty and unaccomplished.
We have to make our passions a priority or else they will start to rot us from the core to the surface. 

I feel so good right now about deciding to do this with every intention of fulfilling it to its completeness.
I am, however, aware of the reality of it, and I know there will be days I will absolutely dread even picking up my camera. On those days, I will hope to either be encouraged from someone or something on the outside, or go back to this first photograph to read my hearts desires, and find I can take at least one image and feel satisfied.

There are a few little things I want to do differently this time around, which will actually make it more challenging but will be so much better in the long run. I am sure more development will occur over time as far as my "in my own head" rules go with this project. I am excited to see what becomes of my passion and myself as I dive head first out of my fluffy little comfort zone.

By the way, this photograph was extremely painful to take. I had to walk to the end of that pylon in water I thought was much shallower and that grass that looks real pretty is sharp as a needle on the tip and i now have itchy swells on my legs, arms, neck, and left eye lid. Its okay though, there will be so much worse than this. 

P.S. Yes, I actually did purposefully start mine of the day after Allie Reed finished hers, I have been waiting :)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment